WWI Intro

Essential Question #9-  How have the cost and spoils of war affected the development of America?

WWI Intro questions

  1. Is it right for America to intervene in foreign conflicts? Explain.
  2. When American lives are threatened, how should the government respond?
  3. Should America go to war to make the world "safe for democracy"?
(Song) Student learning objectiveStudents will explain the point of view of the song and find evidence in the song to support the position.

“One” Lyrics and Reflection
Directions: First, listen to the song and follow along with the lyrics.  Think about what does it all mean? Secondly, the class will discuss the inspiration and meaning of the song as well as what they think the point of view is and what evidence could be used to support that position.




I can't remember anything
Can't tell if this is true or dream
Deep down inside I feel the scream
This terrible silence stops me

Now that the war is through with me
I'm waking up, I cannot see
That there's not much left of me
Nothing is real but pain now

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god, wake me

Back in the womb it's much too real
In pumps life that I must feel
But can't look forward to reveal
Look to the time when I'll live

Fed through the tube that sticks in me
Just like a wartime novelty
Tied to machines that make me be
Cut this life off from me

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god, wake me

Now the world is gone I'm just one
Oh god, help me

Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god, help me



Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell

Landmines has taken my sight
Taken my speech
Taken my hearing
Taken my arms
Taken my legs
Taken my soul
Left me with life in hell

1- What is the point of view?

2- What evidence could be used to support this position?

1.      Yet Another Student Learning objective-  Students access prior knowledge of WWI.
 Do you know more about WWI or WWII?



2.       Why do you think that is?


3.       What do you know about WWI?




4.       How did WWI affect people’s families?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

19th and 20th Century Native American Assimilation Primary Source Document-based Essay

Nixon Resignation and Ford Pardoning or Nixon Essay

Period 8 Long Essay Question